[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Buchan Milne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> Also, it
>> would be a good idea for it to default to "ro" in the options. I have had an NTFS
>> partition be destroyed by (effectively) diskdrake.
>it is the *kernel* that destroy the partition.

True.

>if the kernel destroys data, it should not allow to mount the partition in RW

Well, in this case (Mdk81 I think), the kernel did effectively mount it ro, but in
deciding to mount it ro (since it was not told), it trashed the partition. Luckily
that was only the system partition, and not data ...

>diskdrake is not guilty

But diskdrake could have prevented it. It would be nice if:
-diskdrake could be fixed to it can actually mount an NTFS partition (see first bit
of my post)
-diskdrake would default to ro for NTFS (to save us from a stupid kernel)

Buchan