On Thursday 21 March 2002 18:11, Timothy R. Butler wrote:
> > I thought "no comment" just meant that I would not answer the question
> > No ?
>
>   Is it that you personally don't know/want to answer the question, or all
> of MandrakeSoft can't? I'd sure hate to get my PowerPack and find out I
> have to pay another hundred bucks to use the copy of StarOffice that was
> suppose to be included... If SO6 is an additional cost, Mandrake should
> *really* fix that page on their site, because it would be very deceptive.
>   Then again, I can't imagine MandrakeSoft doing something like that...
> <wild speculation>Maybe Sun is buying Mandrake and so Mandrake doesn't have
> to pay licensing fees?</wild speculation>

StarOffice 6 final will be available in PowerPack and Prosuite without any
additionnal costs. This is the full version in 5 languages.
In the next days, you should hear about another way to get StarOffice from
Mandrake (final and full version). Wait & see Mandrake's PR.
Of course, I won't (and nobody will at Mandrake) answer any questions
regarding the agreement with SUN to distribute it or comments rumors like "Is
SUN buying Mandrake" ? Perhaps it is true, perhaps it is wrong ? :-)

--

    Frederic Bastok