Robert Fox wrote:
| You are NOT alone.

But remember that this list is for DEVELOPERS mainly ...

| Don't let the lack of attention get you down, Mandrake is not the most
| attentive company out there . . .

Mandrake (and probably most other software companies) can not afford to
employ people to answer everyone's questions. If you want someone to
listen to everything you say, go see a shrink.

Cooker is a busy list. If you have a specific question (which is not
off-topic or a help request) or a bug-report, it helps to cc the
maintainer. Use rpmmon or rpm -q --changelog to see who that might be.

Remember that if everyone is answering email, who's doing the development?
I don't think, however, that you can call Mandrake inattentive. I guess
you have all had email from developers at Microsoft, SUN, Redhat, SuSE
when asking trivial questions? There are certain individuals at Mandrake
who put in a terrific amount of effort in answering user questions (on
the newbie and experts lists and on Mandrakeforum).

| even though they have a strong
| community of enthusiastic and caring users

The Mandrake community (and the way Mandrakesoft promotes it) makes the
distribution (both literally and figuratively).

| - sometimes the calls for
| alarm fall on deaf ears.

Sometimes calls for alarm are not justified, sometimes they are not
sufficiently detailed for the developer to be able to reproduce or fix.

| It's a shame.

Most people here, I think, have a different opinoin, that we wouldn't
have it any other way ...

In the meantime, watch the KDE mirrors, as I am sure RPMs will appear
there soon (as they usually do).

Buchan

- --
Cellphone * Work            +27 82 472 2231 * +27 21 8828820x202
GPG Key                       http://ranger.dnsalias.com/gpg.key