There are issues with this laptop and APIC. Try this:
in /etc/lilo.conf add to your append=
noapic
it may look like this
append="devfs=mount quiet noapic"

This will resolve quite a few of the laptop issues. Unfortunately, it will
not resolve the problem associated with suspend to ram crash/reboot if using
a pcmcia network (lan) card.