> hello
>
> my friend asked me about permissions in /dev/pts/* devices, and when i
> played with this, i found some inconsistency in default
configuration..

> after default install, always in /etc/fstab is these records:
> none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,mode=0620)
> none on /dev type devfs (rw)
>
> now, if i logged as user "abc" via local console,

local console is not pts

my terminal device have
> permission: abc.abc 620, exactly as say /etc/fstab

By accident. Permissions are given by mingetty/login (not sure which)

Thierry, may be it is good idea to exempt /dev/vc/* from
saving/restoring permissions just like pts but I am not sure.

and settings in
> /etc/devfsd.conf is unapplyed. ok..
>
> i want change group ownership in this device, what i doing?

As I said permissions are given by login program(s) so the only way is
to modify their sources.

-andrej

edit