Le jeu 04/04/2002 à 09:29, Joe Simon a écrit :
> Just installed Mandrake's KDE3 packages.  This must be the worst yet!
>
> 1) No menu's.

When login from select KDE3 not KDE.

> 2) Installed in /opt rather than /usr (KDE2 is in /usr).  The packages are
> not relocatable.  What if someone does not have fs /opt or enough space on /
> ?

When running rpm command I got an error "not enough space on /" so I
moved /opt/kde3 (in fact just the kde3 directory and contents) to
another file system then made a link in /opt to /NewLocation/kde3. After
that every rpm command (re-running the last failed rmp command)
succeeded.

Now KDE3 is running just fine with some minor problem (I am using it and
Evolution to write this message).

Used the most updated rpm packages. See www.pclinuxonline.com
particularly for arts.

> Is this just a Mandrake problem or KDE problem?

Neither.

> How can kde.org say the following on their web site:
>
> "On April 3rd 2002, the KDE Project released KDE 3.0, the Third-Generation
> of the Leading Desktop for Linux/UNIX, Offering Enterprises, Governments,
> Schools, and Businesses an Outstanding Free and Open Desktop Solution. "

Without shame but with a lot of proudness...

> Can you imagine students in grade 7-9 getting all these seg faults and not
> having any menu's?
>
> I am disappointed!
I am not!

--
Luc Roseberry
Consultant Tivoli certifié / Certified Tivoli Consultant