On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 01:56:13AM +0200, Pixel wrote:

> of course you're right.

:-)

> I'll have a look at it some day...

Soon?  Wanna upgrade my server to 8.2.  :-)

> as for handling un-partitioned drives for PVs, it's gonna be hard (at least in
> diskdrake)

How come?  un-partitioned drives for PVs have a magic (signature) not
unlike PVs in partitions.  In fact fsedit.pm already lists it:

0x8e, 0, "HM\1\0"

Maybe if I patch up drakx to get past this point by recognizing disks
used as LVM PVs I will discover just why diskdrake would be such a
problem.  My guess is that right now, diskdrake sees an LVM disk
(un-partitioned) as free and tries to use it.

I can deal with that for my upgrade.  I will use Expert mode and know
which disks not to touch.  :-)

Am I heading in the right direction here?

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell