χ πΤΞ, 12.04.2002, Χ 21:59, Alan ΞΑΠΙΣΑΜ:

> I believe it is the zip drive that it is choking in.  The oops happens in
> scan_dir_for_removable().  (The only removable devices are two scsi cd-rom
> drives and an ide Zip drive. The zip drive is the only one that gets classed
> as "removable" to my knowledge.)
>
> I assume it is supermounted as read/write. It is a fresh install of 8.2 with
> no real changes to devices.  (I have been too busy coding to modify the
> system too much.)

If you can reliably reproduce the oops, could you please test the
following:

- get current kernel-source

- backout ide-floppy patch. It is available either in CVS,
<http://www.linux-mandrake.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/SPECS/kernel/linux-2.4.19-pre4-ide-floppy-devfs-fix.patch?rev=1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup>
or in kernel SRPM of course.

- apply ide-floppy patches from
<http://members.cox.net/kpfleming/ide-floppy/>

there may be conflicts of course, they are against vanilla kernel.
Still  I hope it should apply.

- test with these patches if it works.

Please, test _standard_ Mandrake config without any modifications. We
are chasing bug in mandrake kernel :-)

-andrej