R.I.P. Deaddog wrote on Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 02:24:02AM +0800 :

> > >Build fine here..
> > >
> > >Try look better at errors during compilation (errors you posted are not
> > >causing any problem..
> > >
> > Doesn't build on my system either.
> >
>http://eijk.homelinux.org/build/cooker/i586/problem/scrollkeeper-0.3.7-1mdk.src.rpm.txt
> > Probably some BuildRequires missing...
>
> Hi Stefan,
>
> This problem is very likely not BR related.
>
> %doc error is non-fatal; but the excerpt below is suspicious.
> It seems to indicate a failure to search for scrollkeeper-*
> executables in $PATH, hence unable to rebuild scrollkeeper
> database.

The attempted access to /var/log/scrollkeeper.log results in permission
denied errors when building as a regular user.  I decided to see what
bad magic occurred building as root, and the contents of
/var/log/scrollkeeper.log was:
error while parsing /usr/share/gnome/help/evolution/no/index.html
error while parsing /usr/share/gnome/help/glade/it/faq/faq.sgml
error while parsing /usr/share/gnome/help/glade/it/turbo-start/turbo-start.sgml
error while parsing /usr/share/gnome/help/glade/it/user-guide/user-guide.sgml
error while parsing /usr/share/gnome/help/gcalc/eu/gcalc.sgml
error while parsing /usr/share/gnome/help/gcharmap/eu/gcharmap.sgml

and so on.  So the reason that the doc package is failing to build is
*.sgml is not found.  It's not found because this series of errors is
not putting the files in the correct place (guess, I haven't looked at
it).  Fix the parse error and you fix the rpm build.

Blue skies...           Todd
--
  Todd Lyons -- MandrakeSoft, Inc.   http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because