On Monday 29 April 2002 06:33 pm, you wrote:

> > > Where would I put that, Geoff? I have to go into the
> > > /usr/src/RPM/BUILD/libraw1394-0.9.0 directory and mess around in there?
> > > I can recompile kernel src rpms but not this package. It apparently
> > > crashes in the make process while doing checks. I did a little
> > > searching and was wondering will I have to change info in the file
> > > config.guess? I tried rebuiding with target i686 but that didn't help
> > > neither. I have no idea what to do in this situation. This is a first
> > > for me. Without this lib being built, I can not use the SB1394 port on
> > > my Audigy card or my new pci firewire card that I bought. All this so
> > > that I can use a new firewire webcam , Orange IBot. Save me someone as
> > > I only get this error with libraw1394. Should I try an older source to
> > > see if that would work?
>
> inside the spec file. replace %configure with %configure2_5x
>

> anyway I tested this on the compile box, it built fine without any changes.
>
> > I just thought about this but should I remove the SB Audigy and my
> > IEEE1394 PCI card first before installing libraw1394? I had searched on
> > the web and the method that they show for installing the tarball requires
> > me to have the hardware installed after installing the package. Here is
> > the link:
>
> Hmm, no, I don't see why you need to rip out your card before you compile
> software?
>
> BTW: why are you rebuilding? binaries should be available ..
>

>       -- Geoff.

My spec doesn't have an entry for %configure. That probably would explain why
I couldn't recompile. I will add it and see if that would make it work. The
reason that I am trying to rebuild from source is that neither package,
libraw1394-0.9.0_5 or libraw1394-0.9.0_5-devel has testlibraw in the package.
I can see that my two pci cards work as I put my webcam into the sb1394 port
of the audigy and then next I put it into the pyro 1394 pci card. Here is the
lsmod after doing that:

Module                  Size  Used by    Tainted: P
video1394              15460   0 (unused)
ohci1394               15904   2 [video1394]
raw1394                 6832   0 (unused)
ieee1394               26312   0 [video1394 ohci1394 raw1394]
 not tell if the binaries work.

I try dvgrab with this command:

dvgrab --autosplit --frames 1800 firstdvgrab.mpeg

That doesn't work or the test command:

dvgrab --frames 25 test

I don't know how to use libdc.

Altoine B
Maximum Time Unlimited
Chicago Based and Operated
You can't run away forever,
                -- Jim Steinman, "Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through"
2.4.18-6mdk