Liam R. E. Quin wrote:

>On Mon, 2002-05-27 at 11:17, Doug McClendon wrote:
>

>>xbindkeys works great for me.
>>

>How does this compare to xkeycaps?

Its been awhile since I've even seen xkeycaps, did it get removed from
mandrake?

But from memory, xkeycaps is something completely different.  If I
recall, its a tool for mapping lower level keycodes to X level keycodes,
allowing one to do things like switch the ctrl and caplocks keys.
 xbindkeys is like hotkeys, khotkeys, lineak, in that it is a daemon
which has a configuration list of X level keycodes, and a shell command
line per keycode.  Then, whenever one of those keys gets hit,
corresponding command line gets executed.

-dmc