Olivier Thauvin wrote:

>Le Jeudi 30 Mai 2002 17:31, Cosmic Flo a écrit :
>

>>There are new versions (now compatible !!!) with new keyboards support !
>>It's interesting for person who have a multimedia/internet keyboard.
>>http://lineak.sourceforge.net/
>>

>OK, I just upload it. It is a little basic, but I think it works:
>lineakd-0.3.2-0.1mdk
>lineakconfig-0.3-0.1mdk
>
>Can you test it and report me bugs/idea. Thanks are also welcome ;)

Couple of bugs / issues I ran to:

- lineakd is not started automatically when I log in into X/Gnome
- if I add "lineakd -b" command to Gnome startup manually (via control
center) it fails to read configuration file for some reason, it is
running though. After login, I open a terminal, send a -HUP signal to
the running lineakd, it starts to work (i.e. now it can read the
configuration?)
- on first run, lineakconfig wants to create a configuration. I select a
keyboard type, point it to CDROM and mixer, but when I click OK, it
fails to create the config and tells me (on stdout) that I should run
lineakd for that. This is confusing.
- when configuring keys, first time I click Apply, the configuration
gets updated. Second time, the update fails silently and I have to
restart both lineakconfig and lineakd to continue the configuration
process (there are some error messages on the console, though, like
grep: cannot find libc.so.6)

After I circumvent these issues, lineakd seems to work for me (will have
to keep it running for some time to see).

Michal