Alan Schmitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> * Pixel ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > Guillaume Rousse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >
> > > camltk (tk bindings for camel) is packages as a caml subpackage, bearing ocmal
> > > 3.04 version whereas its own home page http://pauillac.inria.fr/camltk claims
> > > current version is 0.418. Why not create a distinct package for it ?
> >
> > in fact, the package ocamltk contains labltk as bundled in ocaml 3.04
> >
> > i don't know what's the difference between this camltk and the labltk.
> >

> It's two different bindings. Labltk is included in the ocaml
> distribution, whereas camltk comes separately.

well, my question was more: is there any advantage having camltk when
labeltk is bundled in Ocaml (and so may be more standard (?))

[...]

> > > I also need camlimages (http://pauillac.inria.fr/camlimages) for ActiveDVI
> > > (http://pauillac.inria.fr/activedvi). Has there been any previous work on
> > > these ?
> >
> > nope. debian has it (named libcamlimages-ocaml and advi) if you want
> > some inspiration :)
>
> There is a rpm of advi on its website (also accessible from the
> freshmeat entry I created a few weeks ago).

cool, an expert. May i ask a few questions? :)

- how does it compare to MagicPoint? for mathematical stuff, advi must
be much better. But for other things?

- is there a way to generate html versions for publishing?
  (using hevea?)

- related to the previous question, why is the manual only available
in dvi... not very internet friendly!