On Tue, 4 Jun 2002 13:27:56 +0200
Alexander Skwar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> is Galeon running stable for anyone?  For me, it's still crashing on
> one machine when trying to access "sites" like ww.linuxtoday.com.
> However, on another one which is using the same packages, it runs
> stable.  Hm - on the stable machine, I'm running XFree 4.2, on the
> crashing machine I'm using XFree 4.1, because I've got a multi monitor
> setup on a Matrox G450 (and there XFree 4.2 doesn't work, last time I
> checked (< one week ago)).

I have been using galeon regularly and even with previous versions I
have not had any problem with crashes, though I know that others have so
reported.
I spend a good bit of time on the net and it is probably equally divided
between galeon and opera6 and the way my fingers work entering 'bad'
addresses is a fairly common occurrence but the only bother I get from
that is is sever not found errors.

Using kernel-2418-18  XFree86-4.20-12

Does strace give any useful info as to what causes the crash?

    Charles