On 2002.06.05 Alexander Skwar wrote:
>So sprach Charles A Edwards am 2002-06-04 um 08:48:24 -0400 :
>> I have been using galeon regularly and even with previous versions I
>> have not had any problem with crashes, though I know that others have so
>> reported.
>
>Hmm, okay; Galeon is now "semi" stable.  It doesn't crash at wrong urls
>like ww.linuxtoday.com anymore - but it crashes at sites using HTTP
>BASIC AUTH.  For example, go to http://heise.de -> Choose any of the
>news items -> click on any of the comments at the bottom -> Click on
>"Beantworten" -> Watch the beautiful Gnome crash dialog pop up.

Mmm, not.

It just pops up a window asking for a password for "heise online
Leserforen" at heise.de....

In fact, galeon is the best browser I have ever used. Fast, _reliable_,
gecko+gnome. Just fine.

Awaiting for the gnome2 version in cooker...

--
J.A. Magallon                           #  Let the source be with you...
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]