On Tue, 2002-06-11 at 14:44, Gary Greene wrote:

> Like I said, over-all cooker is almost at release quality, but small things
> are making it not what I would classify as production material yet.

I would have to say that it's far closer to release quality than 8.2
was. Cooker has been rockin' lately. The only show-stoppers I know of
are PSM/Java in Mozilla, disappearing mouse, and broken Xinerama in
XFree. The Mozilla Java works if you use Ranger's rpms, and you can
always retrograde XFree to 4.1 from Mdk81.

OOo has horrid fonts, but again that is fixed with Ranger's OOo and
PLF's freetype (or rebuild your own freetype --with plf).

KDE is still making ~/.kde[3]? directories, which are unnecessary, but
not troublesome.

The version of LICQ in cooker is terminally broken, and nobody has built
any V8 rpms.

Media playing is, er, challenged in Mandrake, but then there's the
wonderful world of PLF to meet those needs.

And FINALLY cooker has a no-excuses, fully-functioning wine.

Full credit to the Mdk guys - cooker is getting some polish on it. :)
--
Brad Felmey