On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 21:15:19 +0200
Alexander Skwar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> However, I somehow do not think that Sun will release a special
> gcc-3.1 Mandrake edition of their JDK.

It would not Be mandrake only.

If you look at the main component structure for UnitedLinux you will
find gcc-3.1.
I take that to indicate that the member distros,(SuSE, Calera, Turbo,
and Conectiva) will in their future releases also be using gcc-3.1.
If you add their numbers to that of mandrake you well exceed those of
RH.
For Sun to ignore this would be a very poor business decision on their
part.

   Charles

Men seldom show dimples to girls who have pimples.
Charles A Edwards
[EMAIL PROTECTED]