> On Tue, 2002-06-18 at 08:35, Borsenkow Andrej wrote:
>
> > > today/yesterday a new version of both the jre and jsdk came out
> > > (1.4.0_01-b03 binary release). one of the "bugs" resolved is the
now
> > > support for glibc-2.2.5, so theoretically that should solve the
issue.

> > glibc-2.2.5 != gcc-3.1.1. So theoretically it has nothing to do with
> > original problem.
>
> So all we need is a statically linked JVM, right, or am I
> misunderstanding the issue entirely?

Probably. The problem is conflict between pre-gcc-3.1 C++ runtime system
used by JVM and new one used by gcc-3.1. They cannot be (always) mixed
in one executable. Glibc has nothing to do with it.

When java is started as separate process (like on conqueror) instead of
being loaded into process (like in Mozilla) you do not have any problem.

-andrej