hi,

I just tried to compile it using your (modifed) settings, but ran into
major problems:

In order to get it build with gcc 3.1.1, I had to patch 3 files:
- hotspot/src/share/vm/opto/loopnode.hpp
- hotspot/src/share/vm/prims/jvmdi.cpp
- hotspot/src/share/vm/c1/c1_FrameMap.hpp

After that I ran into a linker problem, that I'm not able to solve:

----CUT----
/usr/local/src/development/langs/java/jscsl140/control/build/linux-athlon/tmp/sun/java.net/net/obj/linux_close.o:
 In function `closefd':
/usr/local/src/development/langs/java/jscsl140/control/build/linux-athlon/tmp/sun/java.net/net/obj/linux_close.o(.text+0x156):
 undefined reference to `pthread_kill'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Did you run into the same problems (and how did you solve the linker
issue?)

In general I doubt that "normal" users would be happy with having to
compile java from sources in order to get the plugin working for their
mozilla, even if there was a skeleton-spec and patchfile that easened
it. Besides the hour it takes to compile, AFAIK you also need
mozilla-sources to build the plugin, so that is even more complicated

udo