On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 11:30, Johan Ferner wrote:

> Gnome 2:
> The terminal seems like 7 bit ascii from a swedish point of view.
> National characters å, ä, ö translates to e, d, v on output. The
> remaining gnome tools seems
> to get the characters right though.

Neither of these are Mandrake issues so a bit pointless here...but for
your information :). gnome-terminal is due several large updates, i
think this is known and will be dealt with. (hopefully it'll start using
bloody anti-aliasing at some point too :>)

> Who put the main menu up north and why isn't the placement easily
> configurable?

It's a GNOME decision, they like it that way. I don't find configuring
GNOME panels particularly hard, it's not even hard to delete them all
and start from scratch to set them up exactly how you want...(this is
what I did. I just have a single windows-a-like 24 pixel panel at the
bottom, because i'm lame. :>)

> It is still not obvious how to connect mime types and file extensions to
> applications...

GNOME 2.0 is considered mainly a developer / platform release. This kind
of end-user configurability is one of the things that will be dealt with
more in 2.2. FYI, it's under 'desktop properties / advanced / file types
and programs'.

> Back to KDE in a hurry :)

hey, that's why we have this great 'choice' thing :)
--
adamw