I installed it on two different systems.  both had very similar
hardware.  Intel motherboard with / integrated intel chipset for video
and sound.  Both pc's acted the same unless otherwise noted.

Installation

There was a ncurses style message, about a alternate boot message, is
this just cause it's cooker and it's something I don't know about, or is
the new norm?

Title "9.0 Beta 1 - Installation" picture is crook-et, I'm sure you guys
did this on purpose.

At "Choose installation class", I changed themes and received the
following error "An error occurred, theme_changed..propagated", the
theme did switch, and re-switching back and forth produced no errors.
It appears that the error appears on some dialogs but not others though
out the installation if you try to switch things.

Package Group Selection, selections are not aligned vertically.

During the package installation it refers to 8.2 everywhere, instead of
9.0.

First Time Wizard

(root & user)

First Time Wizard (Gnome does not have a screen shot)

Suggestion for pop box setup wizard, replace Login: with User Account
Login:, or something other than just the word login, I think it could
confuse windoze users.

Konquerer popped up with the Mandrake expert screen, I responded no
thanks, then it looked like it was to ask me a question when a segfault
occurred in Konqueror

0x412975e9 in wait4 () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
0x41313340 in sys_sigbbrev () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
0x410bea73 in waitpid () from /lib/i686/libpthread.so.0
0x40837785 in KCrash::defaultCrashHandler(int) (sig=11) at
kcrash.cpp:224

I logged off, and then received the following error message "INIT: Id
"x" respawning to fast: disabled for 5 minutes"
further investication shows:
(EE) GARTInit: AGPIOC_INFO failed (Invalid argument)
(EE) I810(0): AGP GART support is not available.  Make sure your kernel
has agpgart support or that the agpgart kernel module is loaded.
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

I made no X changes, lsmod showed the agpgart module loaded, I rebooted,
it came back up.

(The second pc came up to a ncurses display telling there was trouble
with X, nice touch, however I wonder why the first pc didn't do this?)

Kpersonalizer comes up every time

Koffice Workspace crashed with Kpresenter open, same backtrace as
Konqueror

Where's openoffice?

File associations

rpm is not associated in Nautilus

The default font size in Gnome appears to be smaller than Kde appear to
be different sizes, is this something that can be worked on?

I want to do more testing, I wanted to test different types of mime
types in Gnome and Kde, but I don't wanna waste my time either.  So if
there's something in particular you guys want me to test let me know.  I
also wanted to switch out hardware (ps/2 mouse switched with usb), test
Alcatel modem, just let me know how I could help.