I assumed that it was KDE3, because it uses a flashing icon of the
application that was just clicked on to indicate busy, I tried the test
you asked for and there is no extra icon.  while running it from kde it
does not interfere with the game, or cause any noticeable problems.  It
was more of a curiosity than anything else.  As a test I went into
Kcontrol and disabled the busy cursor and it stopped doing it.