On Friday 02 August 2002 11:39 pm, Richard Tango-Lowy wrote:
> I'm having the same problem. I have a CD that gives the Stale NFS file
> handle error when I try to access it (it mounts and unmounts ok). It
> works fine on my 8.2 machine.
>
> Rich
>
> On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 18:10, Alan Shoemaker wrote:
>     mandrakeexpert incident 28327 forwarded to cooker.
>     --
>     Alan
>

>     ----quoted text below----
>
>      WinLoser : 02/08 06:20 : Incident created     Bonjour à vous,
>
>     tout d'abord, j'espère que le français sera compris, mon
>     niveau en anglais se limite à mes bases du lycée...
>     merci de votre compréhension.
>
>     Voici ce que j'ai relevé pour le moment (1 semaine
>     d'utilisation) :
>     #En lançant un objet dans une section de Drakconf, j'obtiens
>     donc le sablier mais rien de plus : (la fonction "annuler"
>     fonctionne dans la plupart des cas).
>     #Lorsque je me place dans le répertoire sur un cdrom par
>     exemple, impossible d'en lire le contenu. Le seul moyen qu
>     j'ai trouvé, c'est de tout faire à distance, c'est à dire, un
>     ls, je ferai ls /mnt/cdrom/ et non cd /mnt/cdrom; ls qui me
>     donne alors le message suivant :
>
>     [jeremy@mandrake9 cdrom]$ ls
>     ls: .: Stale NFS file handle
>     [jeremy@mandrake9 cdrom]$
>     #J'ai deux process de kdeinit (kio_thumbnails) qui me font
>     monter la charge CPU à 100% sans aucune raisons (pas de
>     programmes ouverts ou peu consommateurs), seule solution que
>     j'ai trouvé, les tuer via ksysguard en root.
>
>     C tout pour le moment, dès que j'en rencontre d'autres, je
>     vous en ferai part.
>
>     Configuration :
>     cpu AMD thunderbird 1.2ghz
>     CM MSI K7T turbo v1
>     512 Mo de ram
>     Mandrake Linux 9.0 beta1
>
>     Site eprso : http://j.rappine.free.fr
>
>     -----end quoted text-----
An email from way earlier in the year ok It was July 2nd
It seems to be the same problem.

[Cooker] PATCH: Stale nsf filehandle when ls in /mnt/cdrom#

From:
Borsenkow Andrej <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

To:
Cooker list <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Date:
02 Jul 2002 20:41:13 +0400

В Втр, 02.07.2002, в 04:43, Salane написал:
> It looks like you need to
>
> On Thursday 27 June 2002 01:33 am, Borsenkow Andrej wrote:
> > > cd /mnt/cdrom2
> > > [root@dhcp-342-187 cdrom2]# ls
> > > ls: .: Stale NFS file handle
> >
> > Fix has been sent to Juan. It is one line change. If anybody is
> > interested I can post patch here.

Two patches attached. The small one (supermount.2.4.18-18mdk.ls.patch)
fixes the stale NFS handle problem (and as side effect some more
problems). It can be used on 8.2 without any problems.

The second patch is more intrusive. It fixes another media revalidation
problem reported here. When something accessed device after media had
been changed but before supermount did (a reported example was -
manually close tray and issue eject -t after that) media changed flag
was lost and supermount did not remount media. Beware, this patch
results in incompatible module versions.

BTW I have been running for some time with these patches and read-write
supermounted Jaz drive without any problems so far. There are other
problems with SCSI removables but they are unrelated to supermount.

-andrej

2.4.18-18.supermount-media-revalidation.patch

supermount.2.4.18-18mdk.ls.patch