Since we have LDAP and DHCP etc working, I normally do a network install, and DrakX
(when given just my hostname) gets everything right. Setting up LDAP, it even pulls
our prefix (dc=cae,dc=co,dc=za) out of the domainname it got from DHCP. The only
irritation is that it defaults to localhost for the LDAP server. Somehow I don't see
how I could manage to setup a working LDAP server on the machine by first boot so
that I can log in ;-)

Could this be changed to be something sensible like ldap.domainname (since it
already has the correct domainname). I am quite sure that ldap.domainname will not
have exist if it doesn't run ldap, and adding an A or CNAME record if the name
doesn't exist is less effort than setting ldap.domainname on a number of machines,
for each installation.

This is the only change I have to make to get LDAP accounts working, so kudos on the
rest.

Buchan