On Friday 09 August 2002 03:24 am, Robert Fox wrote:
> Could someone shed some light on the correct command to create a set of
> CDs from the latest Cooker (the 700MB Cds)
>
> Thx,
> R.Fox
According to SOME these work. Unfortunately, I'm in the boat with you here,
and they didn't work (well, they did, but only halfway).

IF you're running a linux OS already, try burning the ISO's to cd using your
favorite cdr interface. This WILL burn all the related information to the CD.
Unfortunately, it will NOT close the cd, meaning you won't have ACCESS to it
anywhere except at boot (I know, it really boggles the mind doesn't it). At
least it works that way with my cdrw. The cd's not closed, but it is readable
somehow (??) at boot and setup time.

Under Win, try the same thing, although, I'm not 100% familliar with how Win
progs handle closing cd's, etc.

The ONLY problem with the larger CD's is that you'll NEVER be able to get them
mounted (ie: you want to upgrade/install xxx package using rpmdrake).

Unfortunately, there's not really a lot more that can be done. Hopefully the
gurus behind this are working on a solution for the rest of us, altho who
knows. It does seem to be a common problem though.