I'm running a totally current cooker (20020811)
When I try to open any postscript file, I get the following error.

Could not start Ghostscript. This is most likely caused by an incorrectly
specified interpreter.

Using Ghostscript by its self, no problems. Using Netscape plugins, no
problems. Running Kghostview in console, I get

kio (KDirWatch): Available methods: Stat, FAM
kghostview (kdegraphics): KGVConfigDialog::readSettings
kghostview (kdegraphics): KPSWidget::setupWidget()
kparts: MainWindow::createGUI for kgvpart
kghostview (kdegraphics): KGVRun::foundMimeType( application/postscript )
kghostview (kdegraphics): KGVPart::slotMimetype: type=application/postscript
kghostview (kdegraphics): KGVMiniWidget::openFile
kghostview (kdegraphics): KGVMiniWidget::openPSFile
kghostview (kdegraphics): KGVMiniWidget::showPage( 0 )
kghostview (kdegraphics): KGVMiniWidget::orientation( 0 )
kghostview (kdegraphics): KPSWidget::setupWidget()
kghostview (kdegraphics): KPSWidget: starting interpreter
kghostview (kdegraphics): KPSWidget: sendPS
kghostview (kdegraphics): KPSWidget: sendPS
kghostview (kdegraphics): KPSWidget: sendPS

then the error message
I would be happy to provide any other info

TIA