Antony Suter wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-08-12 at 18:34, Florin wrote:
>
>>>I have a cable connection and want to be able to share my internet
>>>connection to other computers. I thought about using internet connection
>>>sharing on my Mandrake 8.2 box but I know you can do routing. But I know
>>>little bout how to set that up can some on suggest an easy secure way to set
>>>my Mandrake 8.2 box so I can share out the internet. Buy the way I have two
>>>NIC cards
>>
>>Howdy,
>>
>>simply use the shorewall package ... and/or, if you want a nice admin
>>interface for it and some other features, use the snf-en packages from
>>cooker. You can find more info on this on the [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>mailing list archive. Feel free to ask any questions on the topic there.
>

> snf requires a bunch of servers that I don't have installed.

Well, have you though about why it needs them?????

Anyway, since you already have 8.2 installed, you can install snf RPMs
(rebuilt on 8.2 from cooker) available at
http://ranger.dnsalias.com/mandrake/mandrake8.2/snf8.2/

Of course, you can do the internet sharing thing without a firewall (if
you are brave), just by running the right tools from Mandrake Control
Center (or from the command line, as drakgw).

Buchan