On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 04:24:24PM +0200, Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:
> "Murray J. Root" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Opens with the button for "All packages, alphabetical" active.
> > The list displayed is a list of groups.
>
> I don't get it. The radio which is selected when you start the
> app is "Mandrake Choices" not alphabetical -- what do you mean by
> "active" anyway?

When I sent the email, the compssUsers file was missing from the package,
so Mandrake Choices was not even on the dialog. The opening dialog is now
 "correct".

FYI: The currently selected option in a group is also referred to as
the "active" selection.

> > The windows popping up and going away is rather odd - reminiscent
> > of VB apps in Windows. Having one window with changing text and
> > controls would be less jarring.
>
> All applications use popup windows/messages.. even rpmdrake v1 :-).

Yes - look at the WAY it's done - V1 reused the same window frame for
the most part. This popping up and down message boxes is very amateur.
The standard way is to keep the main window open and pop up message
boxes over it as needed.

--
Murray J. Root
DISCLAIMER: http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/