Eugenio,

You should be well aware that I am  the part author and distributor of
troels.rsync.6.2.pl (see my web site) to all of you good folk, from
which you may cortrectly deduce that I exclusively use rsync.

The problem is that the each of the previous beta CD images must first
be renamed to the name of the new beta to gain the advantages you quote
(which you deceitfully do not mention), but this cannot be done because
Mandrake provides no opportunity to do so, since at release of a new
beta the old one is removed from the mirrors, and of course rsync will
dutifully delete your copy of it without asking.

The proper solution is for Mandrake to use the same naming conventions
for beta images as for RPMs.  Then troels will automatically do the
becessary renaming before starting the faster update-in-place download.
    Why they chose not to is beyond my comprehension (are you listening,
Warly?).

Now. who is the dude?

A little more respect is due.

Ron.