On Sunday 25 August 2002 02:18 am, Yura Gusev wrote:
> Igor Izyumin said:
> > Both of these are pretty much the correct behavior.  The installer
> > doesn't  check the sizes, and /dev/sda1 looks like a dos scsi drive -
> > the installer  doesn't know if it's a hard drive, memory stick, or
> > something else.
>
> Well it is not a correct behavior becuse Drake can check device and vendor
> id and mount it correctly i.e. /mnt/mass_storage.
> unknown       : Sony|Sony PEG Mass Storag [Mass Storage|SFF-8070i]
> (vendor:054c device:006d)

You can use the device ids to load the right driver (as it does already), but
it would take some hacking on diskdrake to get it to figure out what device
(/dev/sd(a|b|c)n) belongs to what driver and what it actually is.  I'm not
even sure how to do that, and it will most definitely lead to bugs.  Also, it
would seem like /mnt/mass_storage is _far_ more confusing than /mnt/windows.
--
-- Igor