I tried today "urpmi printer_drivers" with the hope that urpmi would recognize
the pseudo package. But it didn't...

in CPAN (www.cpan.org - perl package archive) there is a notion of a pseudo
package usually with the prefix "Bundle::"

I think it can be a nice addition to URPMI to add this bundle functionality.
For example:

        urpmi Bundle::glibc

would install all the glibc related packages and

        urpmi --with-devel Bundle::glibc

would install all glibc packages + development packages

I think that there are many group of packages that can be bundled together to
a bundle (gcc, XFree86, printer_drivers, gnome2 etc).

I thought a bit of the implementation. It looks like that this feature is not
difficult to implement. A bundles section in the *.list files + additional
code in URPM that add the packages of the bundle to the package list.

What do you think?
Eyal.