Guillaume Cottenceau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Terry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Ive had a problem, and figured out a (bad..) workaround with the software
> > manager.
> >
> > The problem was it was getting mixed up over my 2 cdroms (1 dvd, 1 cdrw).
> > When trying to install a package, it would eject the dvdrom, (/mnt/cdrom), yet
> > the popup message would be saying put the disk in /mnt/cdrom2 which is the
> > cdrw.
> > Ignoring the dvdrom and putting the disc in the cdrw did not help as it was
> > still looking at the dvdrom, but would not see any disc in the drive.....
> >
> > For some reason the software manager had its links between /dev/hdc (the
> > dvdrom) and /mnt/cdrom2 (the cdrw) mixed up. Trying to edit the software
> > sources didnt help either, they are pointing at
> > removable://mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS, so im confused as to where cdrom2 gets
> > picked up from.....
> >
> > In the end, i've added this to fstab none /mnt/cdrom2 supermount
> > dev=/dev/hdc,fs=auto,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-15,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0 and
> > am now pointing the cdrw at /mnt/cdrom3
>
> Francois, any idea?

No, no idea, I check code (it could have been created by install automatically
to /mnt/cdrom by the media used to install).

After that, it could be a mix in /etc/fstab (?) as urpmi use /etc/fstab to
reverse mount point found in path so it could be the problem.

What have you do to get /mnt/cdrom2 and /mnt/cdrom (if you changed by hand) else
it could be a problem in install.

François.