Thomas Rösch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hello
>
> When I search in rpmdrake for a file by name, there was no result:
>
> Search-string (name): alien
>                       alien*
>                       *alien*
>
> but alien-8.10-1mdk ist not installed and selectable for install!
>
> The same happens when I search in descriptions and the search for files.

if you search in descriptions or files and you only have the
synthesis for your contrib source, it's normal; only the hdlist
contain de descriptions and file lists.

now for the search by name, i myself have the contrib as a
synthesis source, and it does find the pkg when i enter "alien".

(as a side note, the search is made with the perl regexp engin so
what you try to do by "alien*" (shell glob like) is done by
"^alien.*", but you probably only wanted "alien" to match
anywhere in the string)

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/