On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 13:07, Jason Straight wrote:
> I'm glad there aren't any high activity widgets when installing packages on
> gurpmi, the one that went back and forth like knigh rider before could swamp
> a pair of T1's running from remote :-/

Seconded that rpmdrake is really coming along well; almost every week
there are improvements, showing that Gillaume and friends were right to
take the rewrite approach.

If yuo are running remotely, though, it's better to use urpmi from the
command-line.  Indeed, that possibility is one reason why I'm willing to
run Mandrake Linux on a server.

Liam

Ankh: irc.sorcery.net www.valinor.sorcery.net irc.gnome.org www.advogato.org
Author, Open Source XML Database Toolkit, Wiley August 2000
Co-author: The XML Specification Guide, Wiley 1999; Mastering XML, Sybex 2001