On Thursday 29 August 2002 05:47, Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:
>Jason Straight <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> I was scared at first when I saw the new face of rpmdrake, but it's shaped up
>> well, just wanted to say, "Good job!"
>
>Thanks.
>
>> I'm glad there aren't any high activity widgets when installing packages on
>> gurpmi, the one that went back and forth like knigh rider before could swamp
>> a pair of T1's running from remote :-/
>
>Not sure my english is enough to fully understand.. ;p

See, Guillaume, I told you folks would come around to appreciating
the new rpmdrake!  BTW, Jason meant, in his second paragraph, that
the side-to-side oscillating "Please Wait" window from Old rpmdrake
used too much network bandwidth when run on a remote display.  He
makes a reference to "Knight Rider" TV show of the '80s that had an
automobile with a sensor that oscillated back and forth in the same
manner.  That gimmick was stolen from the '70s TV show "Battle Star
Galactica"  which further stole it from the '60s TV show "Star Trek,"
which, in turn, probably got the idea from the '50s movies "The Day
The Earth Stood Still," and "Forbidden Planet."  (Sometimes, we
Americans lack creativity...  Look at any Movie since "Star Trek:
Undiscovered Country," which had the expanding ring around the
explosion of Praxxis.  Every movie since then featuring an explosion
of sufficient size has included the same stupid gimmick...)

Again, I will repeat my praise of the new rpmdrake.  At this point
I see only fear of the new/unknown in the voices of its naysayers.
It is something deserving of much praise.

-Chuck

--
  \  Sitting in his UNIX LAN  \        Charles A. Shirley        \