Oden Eriksson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On måndagen den 2 september 2002 12.18 Oden Eriksson wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I have packed DuhDraw which is a clone of the famous "The Draw" for MS-DOS.
> > Everyone who has been running a BBS in the past will feel kind of nostalgic
> > here :-)
> >
> > http://www.wwco.com/~wls/opensource/duhdraw.php
> >
> > But the license is unclear to me as it's not part of the Mandrake licensing
> > model. DuhDraw is licensed as "GNU Copyleft". Is that ok with Mandrake?
> >
> > My packages can be found here:
> >
> > http://d-srv.com/D/SRPMS/duhdraw-2.7.2-1mdk.src.rpm
> > http://d-srv.com/D/RPMS/duhdraw-2.7.2-1mdk.i586.rpm
> >
> > Chears.
>
> (I hate to reply to my own messages...)
>
> So..., I still have no clue what to do, a MandrakeSoft employee has to decide
> what I should do. Is "GNU Copyleft" equal to "GPL" or not?.

  The Free Software Fundation says that yes, GNU Copyleft == GNU GPL

  Copyleft is a "style" of licensing, the GPL is a license that
  follows the copyleft style...tho so far it's the only one that does,
  AFAIR.

  Vox

--
Pain is the gift of the gods, and I'm the one they chose as their messenger....
For info on safety in the BDSM lifestyle http://www.the-vox.com

Think of the Linux community as a niche economy isolated by its beliefs.  Kind
of like the Amish, except that our religion requires us to use _higher_
technology than everyone else.       -- Donald B. Marti Jr.