To follow up:

This is _NOT_ Mandrake specific - I compiled X4.2.0 myself this morning and
still got the same results with theatre_drv causing hang time on cold boot.

In addition, with vanilla X I also had times where the entire top half of my
display would blank and run CPU to 100%, causing me to have to restart X.

So I guess I'll keep hammering Vladimir at gatos. Anyone else having this
problem with the Radeon please join the gatos lists and show them the demand
for fixing this problem.

--
Jason Straight