Trying RC1, see a few problems.

1) a little mistake in a message in french while installing packages :
- la duree de cette operation peut varié
should be
- la duree de cette operation peut varier

2) still problems with menus when installing packages; with Kde, when using
the Mandrake tool to install packages, after installing a bunch of packages
at the same time, usually the menus are strangely changed; usually there are
much less options. It seems that when I install a package at a time, this
problem never occurs. It's easily fixed - it seems that other people have
their method, I use the menu manager in MCC, goto system menu/save and
everything comes back normally. Still a major problem IMHO.

3) I can't boot from a floppy anymore. The MCC builds the diskette without
any error, but it can't boot. Stops at loading vmlinuz...........Boot failed.
I have tried half a dozen times to no avail. It was working fine with b3 and b4.

4) the connection sharing is confusing. I don't use it normally, this time I
gave it a try, what's strange is that there are 2 options : enable and disable,
but disable is not the opposite of enable. That is, when connection sharing
is enabled, a bunch of software with their servers is enabled. When CS is
disabled, the servers are stopped. But they are not uninstalled. If the computer
is rebooted, the connection sharing is enabled again. That can be pretty
surprising (when I thought to see my computer connected to hotmail, I
felt bad - but after I understood that it was just a Windows computer getting
access to the net through my computer, something that should be absolutely
forbidden of course).

5) I guess it's useless to hope to fix drakconnect now, the Mandrake
9.0 juggernaut is going too fast to its release to be stopped by mere
bugs now :-)

my proposed patches are still at :
http://www.mandrake.com/en/archives/cooker/2002-08/msg05058.php
Maybe I'll get an answer for 9.1 :-)