--- Gerard Patel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2) still problems with menus when installing
> packages; with Kde, when using
> the Mandrake tool to install packages, after
> installing a bunch of packages
> at the same time, usually the menus are strangely
> changed; usually there are
> much less options. It seems that when I install a
> package at a time, this
> problem never occurs. It's easily fixed - it seems
> that other people have
> their method, I use the menu manager in MCC, goto
> system menu/save and
> everything comes back normally. Still a major
> problem IMHO.

It's not really a problem.  What's happening is it's
running update-menus, which wipes out your KDE menu,
then rebuilds it.  You shouldn't go look at your KDE
menu while it's doing this, because it's wiped out.
Also, KDE caches your menu for like 60 seconds, so if
you keep looking at it, it's never gonna come back
(even though it is back).  So either don't look at it,
or if you do, don't look at it for over a minute.