Hey Phil, Cookers,

Back in march I got my matrox G450 dual head working properly in 8.2/KDE
thanx to your help as the email below indicates.  Specifically I just needed
to turn on xinerama in the KDE config.  Now with 9.0B1 thru 9.0RC1 I am
having similar/worse problems - the xinerama option is greyed out even if
chosen during install or XFdrake.   The G450 or G400 dual head (I tryed both)
are not installed correctly with XFdrake but if I import my old XF86Config-4
(or the available matrox driver) it seems to work properly until I open
certain apps at which point that app freezes requiring an xkill.  Konsole and
kpackage are some of the apps that lock when using my old XF86Config-4 and it
does not seem useable this way.  It is interesting that the first 1 or 2
instances of Konsole lock up but after that I can open it many times with no
problem until the next time I restart KDE.   These apps work fine in single
screen mode either "mirror" or one display mode.

I would like to know how to configure a G450 or G400 for dual head multi
display (xinerama) under 9.0RC1.

A working XF86Config-4 file for 9.0/this card might help me understand what
is wrong.

I thank you for any help you can give or if this issue is corrected in the
next RC.  I can reproduce this problem and provide more info if needed.

Jim

--
Jim