On Fri, 2002-09-06 at 13:40, Marcel Pol wrote:
> On Thu,  5 Sep 2002 23:53:44 +0200
> "Florent BERANGER" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > He's listed as supported here :
> > http://snapscan.sourceforge.net/#supported and
> > libsane-snapscan seem to be in libsane1 RPM.
>
> Does it work out of the box?
> If not, what did you have to do to get it to work?

I have the same scanner. it has been working for more than a year with
Mandrake.
Only thing I have to do is run sane-find-scanner and put the exact
/dev/sg? device in /etc/sane.d/snapscan.conf.

But currently I have problems when scanning (which I reported already
earlier to this list): the kernel crashes completely when making a
preview scan. But I guess that's related to the kernel and the SCSI-card
I'm using (the original ISA ah152x card that came with the scanner), and
I guess it's probably still working for others.

> Also, what are the kernel messages of the scanner. If it's scsi, the output of
> /proc/scsi/scsi would be good info.

aha152x: BIOS test: passed, detected 1 controller(s)
aha152x: resetting bus...
aha152x0: vital data: rev=3, io=0x140 (0x140/0x140), irq=11, scsiid=7,
reconnect=enabled, parity=enabled, synchronous=disabled, delay=1000,
extended translation=disabled
aha152x0: trying software interrupt, ok.
scsi0 : Adaptec 152x SCSI driver; $Revision: 2.5 $
  Vendor: AGFA      Model: SNAPSCAN 1236     Rev: 1.20
  Type:   Scanner                            ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Attached scsi generic sg0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 2, lun 0,  type 6

# cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 02 Lun: 00
  Vendor: AGFA     Model: SNAPSCAN 1236    Rev: 1.20
  Type:   Scanner                          ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 06 Lun: 00
  Vendor: PLEXTOR  Model: CD-R   PX-W8432T Rev: 1.07
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02

Frederik Himpe

--
http://users.telenet.be/fhimpe/
Jabber ID: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.jabbercentral.org