John Allen wrote:

> Having tried both the NVIDIA 1.0 2960, and 3123 builds with MDK 9.0
> RC3, OpenGL apps crash quite easily. The 2960 build is working fine on
> the same machine with the stock 8.2 kernel.
>
> So either their is a problem with the kernel, or gcc 3.2 when
> compiling NVIDIA drivers.
>
> Anybody got any ideas; I'd most likely blame gcc 3.2

Hi
although I cant speak for the kernel (i'm using a stock 2.4.19) i can
definitely rule out the nVidia drivers, i've not had a single crash with
them, whether they've been compiled with the 3.2, 3.1 or 2.96 compilers.

What card and chipset do you have?  Mine is GeForce2 GTS on a Via KT333.
 It could also be related to the AGPGART module you're using, the nVidia
drivers can use the AGPGART supplied with kernel or the nVidia one via
an option in your XFree86 file (see their readme that comes with the
drivers for exactly what this is) it might be worth trying that.

failing that it could just be that you need a bios update, there's known
bugs in via chipsets and AGP support for example.

you could rule this out by trying the dreaded windows and some
openGL/directX apps should you have it available.

Cheers
cris.