On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 14:24:38 +0200
Götz Waschk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Am Freitag, 20. September 2002, 13:58:31 Uhr MET, schrieb rcc:
> > do we need to have rpm in cron.daily?
> > Because like slocate it brings older computers almost to a halt.
>
> Stop whining. How long can a rpm -qa take? Not more than 10 Seconds on
> an old Pentium I guess.

you're right, it isn't rpm

I thought is was rpm because when the user complained about being unable
to do anything due to her disk thrashing for the last quarter of an hour
I looked at the processes and there was rpmv running. The thing didn't
stop for the next 5 minutes I watched so I killed it.

Nevermind, I'll just adapt my post install scripts to remove the daily
stuff.

- Mark