Le Vendredi 20 Septembre 2002 15:37, Adam Williamson a écrit :
> On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 13:24, Götz Waschk wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 20. September 2002, 13:58:31 Uhr MET, schrieb rcc:
> > > do we need to have rpm in cron.daily?
> > > Because like slocate it brings older computers almost to a halt.
> >
> > Stop whining. How long can a rpm -qa take? Not more than 10 Seconds on an
> > old Pentium I guess.
>
> About 20 on this p2-400 with 4200rpm hard disk.
As rpm bash programmable completion use installed package list quite a lot,
better have it run once per day/night to cache the result, instead of
everytime you try rpm -q <TAB>
I guess it has other use too, as this cron task existed before programmable
completion.
--
Guillaume Rousse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
GPG key http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html