Gents - there has been much communication about mouse problems, such as:

>So everyone stop whining about how Mandrake is going to ship a horrible
>mouse problem in 9.0.  They aren't.  The major problem is fixed.
>
>The confusion is just that there is one particular individual being very
>loud about his issue.  There are tons of users using ps/2 mice.  If
>there was a large problem with PS/2 mice we would have heard more about
>it.  Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I thought I would pass along my PS2 mouse experience:
Works well for me in 9.0 beta 2,3,4,RC1,RC2,RC3

One major hint I would like to pass along, which took me a couple of major releases to discover, is that you need to remain in the window saying "move your mouse roller to activate it" and keep clicking all three buttons and rolling the roller until eventually things settle down and the mouse becomes detected and responds properly.  I was giving up in frustration under 8.0 and 8.1 and declaring my mouse to be 2 button until I discovered this method.