Jerome Whelan wrote:

> I thought I would pass along my PS2 mouse experience:
> Works well for me in 9.0 beta 2,3,4,RC1,RC2,RC3

> One major hint I would like to pass along, which took me a couple of
> major releases to discover, is that you need to remain in the window
> saying "move your mouse roller to activate it" and keep clicking all
> three buttons and rolling the roller until eventually things settle down
> and the mouse becomes detected and responds properly.  I was giving up
> in frustration under 8.0 and 8.1 and declaring my mouse to be 2 button
> until I discovered this method.

I figured that out many installs ago. My mouse works fine:

1-During install
2-In X during first boot after install
3-In X during x? boots after install
4-Not in X after x? boots after install, as during boot psaux is
destroyed and replaced with a bogus serial.

Working on defining x? right now.
--
". . . . in everything, do to others what you would have them do
to you . . . ."                                 Matthew 7:12 NIV

  Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/