Doing a recommended simple install, on formatted
harddrive,using default choices locks up hard at the
Gnome splash screen.  KDE works fine. Replacing
via82cxxx_audio with snd-via686, and activating ALSA
while in KDE allows me to boot into Gnome. (Reinout
van Schouwen suggested this to me for this problem in
previous candidates). This needs to be fixed before
going gold.

AkBrian
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

My Linux Box
--------------------
Epox 7KXA November 13, 2001 bios,
AMD 700 slot A processer
3x128 inferion SDR 133 cas2 memory
20g ata66 WD or IBM installed in mobile rack -seperate
HD for betas:)
Matrox G400Max Dualhead AGP
HP 9300i CDRW
Samsung SD616 16/48 DVD
2- CTX PL9 crt monitors
D-Link DKVM-4 KVM switch
MS intellimouse optic (installed as generic wheel
mouse)
Netgear 10/100 NIC
Canon BJC6000 inkjet on
-Hawking Printserver (tcp/ip)
Hawking internet connection server (tcp/ip)