On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 17:27, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> It seems gabber doesn't work with GPG >= 1.0.7 because commandline
> interface has been modified in GPG :((

Upgrading to the just-released gnupg 1.2.0 fixes the problem in 9.0 rc3, as
well as in 8.2. I'm not sure why, since none of the documented changes seem
to relate to gabber's usage of gnupg.

It would be great for gabber users if gnupg-1.2.0 made it into drake 9.0 (btw
it's really easy to compile, hint hint ;-)

OTOH that could potentially introduce different problems; from the gnupg-1.2.0
announcement
(http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-announce/2002q3/000252.html):

  Incompatible changes:

    * Options --emulate-checksum-bug and --emulate-3des-s2k-bug have
      been removed.

    * The IDEA plugin has changed.  Previous versions of the IDEA
      plugin will no longer work with GnuPG.  However, the current
      version of the plugin will work with earlier GnuPG versions.

    * ElGamal sign and encrypt is not anymore allowed in the key
      generation dialog unless in expert mode.  RSA sign and encrypt
      has been added with the same restrictions.

Phil