Speaking of which, I had this problem with RC2. I'm just joining the
cooker list so I don't know if that has been fixed. Specifically, when
rebooting or shutting down, I would get an "illegal seek" on hda7 while
trying to unmount, then it would say "not mounted", followed by "init: no
more processes left on this runlevel". Of course, since all the processes
are gone (I wonder why), the machine never halts or reboots.

The other thing was that the Aurora (if that's what it's still called)
graphical boot thing did not work. These problems happened on two
completely different machines (a compaq and a dell, different video cards,
etc) so it's gotta be a bug. Plus, I tried a Voodoo Banshee on the dell
afterwards while trying to get the graphical thing to work--what happened
instead was lots of garbage on the screen (somehow it didn't sense that
whatever mode it was trying to pass would not work). I had to disable that
manually from the lilo conf.

Finally, what is the state of Intel i845 Video support? I know it's a
fairly new chip...I never got it to go above 640x480 16bit (which was why
I put in that banshee, but I still have 7 other machines with it). I am
suspecting the problem here is actually related to the fact that it shares
memory with the system (doesn't have its own memory) and the driver may be
having trouble deciphering amount of video memory (wild guess, may be
wildly wrong).

Ibukun

--
                               |  /*\
Ibukun Olumuyiwa               |  \ /  Join the ASCII Ribbon Campaign
http://www.xcomputerman.com    |   X   against HTML mail today!