If i switch (ctl+alt+F1) to the tty1 to 6, i cannot get back in tty7
(Xfree86).
rc3, GeForce2MX with nvidia drivers 3123 on XP2200+, ABIT kX7-333R
8.2, GeForce2MX200 with nvidia drivers 3123, XP1600+, MSI KT266 Pro2.

Note that i tried different versions of nvidia's stuff.
To note, with the second computer at the beginning (after a fresh reboot), i
can switch back and forth without any problem, but after some days, if i want
to go to the console, i cannot.

I suspect a resolution problem since this behaviour happened only since 8.2
or to be linked to the frmaebuffer booting.

Monitor : SGI GDM20E21 on the XP1600+ ; ViewSonic G653 on the XP2200+.

Any ideas ?

Of course, i tried to trace it back in /var/log/messages or /var/log/XF...
but didn't see anything anormal (to me).

Stef